Doing business with HRRCLumber Tariff: HRRC 6600
Public Price List
Containing Joint Line Prices with CSX Transportation on
Lumber, Plywood, OSB, Plastic Lumber and Particleboard
Public Freight Tariff: HRRC 9000G
Public Price List
Rules and Governing Provisions Demurrage, Special Train Services,
And Other Miscellaneous Services Station List and Mileage Table
Shepaug Lumber Distribution Facility
Operated by Shepaug Distribution Services, LLC.
30 Hawleyville Rd/Newtown, CT 06440
P.O. Box 186/Hawleyville, CT 06440
Phone: (203) 426-2979/Fax: (203) 364-1678
Car Spots: Seven car rail siding, docks for unloading box cars or cross-docking between box car and truck Commodities: Lumber, plywood, pulp board, brick and other building materials and forest products Services: A full range of distribution services including Truck to Rail Transfer, Storage, Trucking, Lumber Unit Saw, Bar Coding, Unit Lumber Splitting and Inventory Tracking Truck Access: 1/2 mile from I-84, 5 miles from I-684Close to major markets: 40 miles to New York City and Northern New Jersey Features: 7 acres paved outside storage;additional unpaved storage;40,000 sq. ft. covered storage with smooth concrete floor Rail Service: Housatonic Railroad Switching Frequency: Monday through Friday with seven days available
We are local in Canaan, Connecticut. Someone is always available to respond to your needs.
- Local service to your siding is customized; we have two crews during the day and one crew at night.
- Rail economics for boxcars are generally superior to truck and intermodal, particularly for long distances, even considering inventory carrying costs.
- Cars move fast on our railroad, both in the loaded and empty directions, which keeps our costs and your prices low.
- We interchange with CSXT at Pittsfield, Massachusetts.
- We are part of the national railroad system - the best rail system in the world and continually improving.
- We are a short line railroad that has a north-south line from Pittsfield, MA to Danbury, CT and an east-west line from Beacon, NY to Derby, CT covering over 160 miles.
- Our workforce is professional, experienced, and diversified.
- We have a railroad-operated bulk distribution facility, a lumber distribution facility operated by an affiliated company, and a rail-served warehouse operated by a third party.
- We have many sites available for industrial development totaling over 600 acres.
- Our management is experienced and progressive, with access to capital.